Dear All
A note to let you know that we have indeed visited the Archives and the task that we are faced with if to digitise the Interesting information of the Five University Principals which for your interest are:
John Bews
Malherbe
Booysen
Brenda Gourley and
Malekgapuru Makgoba
So far we have selected all the material that is available related to the four Principal but there was not any Information about John Bews at all at the Archives. When i left there yesterday the staff there were phoning around trying to trace where the information might have been kept.
The Scanning team were also at the Archives scanning yesterday, but i am not sure how far they might have gone.
Thanks
Nancy
Well done Nancy and your team for getting the ball rolling.
ReplyDeleteThanks Nancy and Virginia. So now that the blog has been creating, what is the next step in updating the blog.
ReplyDeleteThank you
Currently the Selection Team is almost done and I would like to ncourage everyone to sign-in for the blog to allow us to comunicate on daily basis. I was having a draft of the time-table which I would like us to follow so that we can finish on time, but I couldi'nt be able to upload it so I will be sending emails with the content to everyone. Please also check your emails.
ReplyDeleteThank you
To those who were not present on Tuesday, please be informef and be aware that there was a concern that we need a bit of a practical exposure to the module we are doing and as a result we will be using one of the lectures for practicals. I also encourage everyone to avail thermselves to all the duties if they can. This will help us to gain a broader understanding of the skills involved in different tasks assigned as well as helping all of us to finish the project as early as possible.
ReplyDeleteFirst, I would like to thanks Sister Joyce for creating such Blog like this. Now we are able to communicate again via electronically as the library digital team. Secondly, it about Nency's team, they made us see that the ball is on peach and we all have to go play it. Guys you are did a wonderful work.
ReplyDeleteHey guys, I wanted to find out when can the metadata team start and if we are going to be getting a crash course in using the metadata program. Also would we be definately be able to use the metadata program via an off campus link, as I think it would save time and we could do the metadata during our spare time and even in the night-it would be done quicker.
ReplyDeleteThanks
To all the project members!! Can we please meet Wednesday or Thursday. It is really important that we meet. The other concern is that we are way behind schedule and the due date is close. Please good team members lets meet on Wednesday at 14:30 and discuss what is the way forward in completing our project on time. We are also having a problem with scanning.
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to ask the project managers what is happening with the project as the scanning and content selection was supposed to be finished by this week?
ReplyDeleteHi guys, we had a group meeting after the Nelson Mandela lecture today, it was decided that Sandile and Nancy will complete the scanning process today and the images will be emailed to Dumisani, who has to upload these images in conjunction with the other images he has onto the drupple website by latest tommorrow.
ReplyDeleteDear all!! I know that the scan is almost complete and I have emailed the scaned documents to metadata members. I would like to know how far is the website creation and the blog? We need to keep up guys. The library needs to be up and running by end of next week. Please keep us updated
ReplyDeleteHello to all digital libraries collegues... !!In terms of the Website creation update, we now already started with the development of some pages and hope in the end of this week we will be saying the positive language indeed. Thank guyz....
ReplyDeleteLibrarians!!! The scan has been complete thanks to Nancy for her time and effort. To the metadata members I hope everything is under control. For any assistant please do not hesitate to shout for help, we have to work together as a team. By end of this week we should be saying we done with the library and we can be proud of ourselves. Website creators thank you for updating us. We hope atleast by wednesday you should be done with your website because the deadline is here. Thank you
ReplyDelete